Programs/Child Welfare Unit
Family Services Supervisor
|Status: FT, Non-exempt
Fluctuating Work Week
|To identify and assess child and family needs and evaluate, coordinate and ensure necessary services are provided; provide in-home services to clients; assist and counsel individuals and families by using such activities as delineating alternatives, helping to articulate goals and providing needed information.|
|Education||Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in human services related field|
|Experience/Skills||One to two years post-Bachelors degree experience working with children and families in social services
· Excellent assessment skills and intervention strategies
· Ability to identify environmental stressors
· Ability to observe and report accurately on the functioning of individuals and families
· Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge and respect of socio-cultural characteristics of service population
· Ability to make home visits and to travel
· Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
· Knowledge of community resources
· Ability to work flexible hours as required
· Knowledge of professional ethics relating to child protection and counseling
· Skill in employing family-centered practice
· Ability to use and proficiency in computer software applications
· Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect clients
|Specialized Training, Licensure, Certification||Child Protection Certification preferred; attainment of a passing score on the Introduction to Child Protection Written Assessment required within 3 months of hire; active Florida Driver’s License, responsible driving record; proof of insurance|
|Primary Job Functions|
|· Provide counseling services to individuals, families and/or groups.
· Provide case management services (information, plan referrals and linkages).
· Develop and maintain clinical records and service documentation according to contract and KFF standards (assessments, case treatment plans, progress notes, termination and discharge summaries, etc.).
· Completion of judicial review paperwork.
· Testify in court as necessary.
· Monitor quality of care by conducting home/residential visits.
· Coordinate services with other professionals and paraprofessionals.
· Conduct community outreach as needed.
· Arrange for transportation of clients to appointments, community agencies, etc., as needed.
· Provide and/or refer families to services, understand and use information from service providers, psychological reports and psychosocial evaluations.
· Conduct child safety assessments.
· Respond to Hotline pager during business hours and determine immediate risk and needs of child.
· Arrange for emergency placement for children at risk.
· Explain rights and responsibilities to children and family members.
· Provide support to foster homes and relative placements.
· Provide post placement planning and services.
|Periodic Job Functions|
|· Participates in Quality Improvement activities, Peer Review, Unit meetings and other committees as requested
· Performs travel in relation to the above activities
· Completes required reports such as leave attendance, travel, etc.
· Completes other reports as assigned
|PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (R=Required P=Preferred)
Sitting _R__ Standing _R__ Walking _R__ Lifting _P_ Carrying __R_
Kneeling _R___ Pushing/Pulling __R__ Bending/Stooping __R__ Climbing ____ Reaching _R__ Crawling/Crouching ____ Grasping ____ Turning ____ Repetitive Motions ____ Color Recognition ____ Depth Perception ____ Reading __R__ Hearing __R__ Other (describe) _Driving__
|HAZARDS: (X=Potential Exposure)
Proximity to moving mechanical parts ____ Electrical current ____
Toxic or caustic chemicals ____ Radiation ____ Biohazards (airborne or contact) ____ Housekeeping and/or cleaning agents ____ Flammable, explosive gases ____ Human-borne pathogens ____ Other:
|SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (R=Required P=Preferred)
Drive motor vehicle _R__ Prepare food ____ Lift _R__ (State weight __50 lbs.) Typing/Keyboard ____ Word processing software _R_ Data base software ____ Spreadsheet software ____ Other software _R_ Calculator ____ Operate office machines ____ (Fax, Copier) Verbal communication (including telephone) _R___ Written communication (including composition) __R__ Public speaking/group presentations ____ Team-oriented and collaborative interpersonal relationships _R_ Respectful/confidential client relationships ____ Client assessment and evaluation ___ Retrieve and compile information _R___ Verify data ____ Maintain records ____ Organize and prioritize information ____ Analyze and interpret information _R Investigate, evaluate and recommend action _R_ Basic mathematical concepts (add, subtract, multiply, divide) _R___ Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs) ____ Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics) ___ Reasoning and logic _R_ Sensitivity to service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics Leadership/Supervisory ____ Other (Strong decision making) _R_