Not everyone can become a foster parent, but everyone can do things to help support the families in our community that are fostering children. Local families, individuals and businesses can all do their part to help out these children and the generous families that are caring for them in foster care. Here are a few ways you can help from the Florida Department of Children and Families.
- Provide free services for foster families such as dental or medical care, haircuts, clothing, meals at restaurants, transportation or supplies.
- Offer scholarships or funds to cover sports & recreation costs, dance or music lessons, or summer camp.
- Collect and donate school supplies, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc.
- Provide children’s items including car seats, high chairs, toys, clothing, etc.
- Donate funds or supplies for birthday parties, graduations, or holidays.
- Make a contribution to Kids First of Florida to help offset costs.
There is a lot more you can do – your imagination is the limit! Find out more at https://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/foster-care/support-fostering.shtml.